Fighter Pilots and Chiropractic SuccessOct 05, 2023
Last week, I watched the US Airforce Thunderbirds fly over at speeds up to 700 miles per hour, six planes, at times only 18 inches between them, performing incredible feats!
Not all pilots can do what they do, so they are worth studying.
If you are a chiropractor with big dreams and aspire to be the best of the best, you can learn and adopt fundamentals the Thunderbird fighter pilots live by to bring your practice to new levels.
Here are 11 keys to being a successful fighter jet pilot and what a team like the US Airforce Thunderbird does that you can role model to elevate your practice to the next level.
- Clear Mission and Goals: Define a clear mission and set big, hairy, audacious goals for your practice. Just like the Thunderbirds have a mission to showcase precision and excellence in aerial maneuvers, your practice will only rise to the level of your mission, purpose, and goals.
- Training, Coaching, and Skill Development: Invest in training, coaching, and skill development for yourself and your team. Continuously improve your skills and knowledge to perform at the highest level and consistently give extraordinary care to your practice members. When you are the best, like the Thunderbirds, you will increase retention, referrals, and revenue and engage and maintain a rock-star team so your practice will grow and thrive easily.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all your practice processes. These SOPs ensure consistency, efficiency, predictability, and precision in achieving your desired level of service and practice growth in a stress-free environment.
- Team Collaboration: Foster strong teamwork and communication within your practice, whether our staff is on-site or virtual. The Thunderbirds rely on seamless coordination among team members; the same principle applies to your practice. The cost is too great if the team is not beating as one heartbeat, collaborating, and communicating.
- Attention to Detail: Pay meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of your practice. Little things can significantly affect practice member satisfaction, credibility, reputation, and success.
- Continuous Improvement: Embrace a culture of continuous improvement. Regularly assess your performance and establish regular times to learn, be coached, roleplay, attend seminars and webinars, and make necessary adjustments to performance to enhance your practice outcomes and success.
- Precision Marketing and Outreach: Target your marketing efforts precisely to increase visibility and connect with your ideal patients and power partners in the community.
- Adaptability: Be adaptable and flexible; never compromise quality or your reputation. The Thunderbirds adapt their maneuvers to different conditions, and your practice will thrive with the ability to adjust to circumstances versus being controlled by them.
- Review and Analysis: Regularly review your practice performance, financials, and key metrics. Analyze your results to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions for your practice to thrive. The Thunderbirds are focused on being the best.
- Leadership and Discipline: Lead by example and maintain a disciplined approach to being the best practice possible, aligned with your vision, purpose, mission, and goals. Your leadership sets the tone for the entire team.
- Inspirational Branding: Share chiropractic and chiropractic stories to provide hope and encouragement and resonate with your ideal practice members and prospects. The Thunderbirds' precision and discipline inspire audiences, and when you share the power of chiropractic, it will inspire practice members, prospects, and your team.
Like a fighter jet pilot, running a prosperous practice requires guts, training, focus, attention to detail, precision, discipline, and accountability.
Applying these fundamentals will elevate your practice's performance and secure your long-term success and prosperity, just as the Thunderbirds do in their breathtaking aerial displays.
If you are ready to go to the next level, the right coach can help you. Book a call and find out how.
Dedicated to your success and well-being,